Post-Production

Post-Production

Due to complications with filming and availability of actors, I've had to completely ditch my current project and start over with a completely new documentary. I've decided to do my documentary on Crawley Town and the controversial owners WAGAMI United.

First of all, I set up a camera in the studio to record some interviews I could use in my documentary and gathered information which would help me on my research. I set up the studio lights and filmed on my iPhone 14 in 4k at 60fps.



In editing, I firstly made an intro. I gathered some images and overlapped them over each other to match the questions I was asking. I also added a breaking news bulletin to make it like a news show. The intro included some basic questions I was basing the video around. These were,
Who are the owners behind Crawley Town?
What is WAGMI United?
What is an NFT?
How is Crawley Town Run on crypto money?



It ended up looking something like this with all the images overlaying on the screen matching the voiceover
Then I decided to create one of the first segments of the video answering the question, Who is WAGMI United?
This is where is gathered videos of people saying WAGMI United and asked the question in my interviews to see if anyone knew what is was.
I then cut to a video of me explaining what WAGMI United is using references from their website to explain what they are truly about and what their goals are. I then proceeded to set up the next question which was, Who are the owners behind Crawley Town?
I watched then took segments from an interview between Gary Vaynerchuck, Eben Smith and Preston Johnson. I used the clips that would best reference the initial question about WAGMI United and their goals they have set. In terms of editing, I made sure that whoever was speaking was front and center so I zoomed I on them.
 Video Edit
Actual Video

I then proceeded to talk a little bit about the video and about the owners behind Crawley Town

In the next part of the video, I proceeded to talk about the Sidemen's TBJZL joining Crawley Town in an attempt to gain some PR for the club.

In the montage I added some goals he scored from the charity football game Crawley scouted him from. I also added underneath the video Tobi and Manny's song Rhythm and Vibes as it is copyright free and very fitting to the video.
I then proceeded to talk about how Manny and Tobi knew this was a PR stunt and how they didn't want to take anyone's place in the team. After that I added some clips of an interview they did with Sky Sports where they said this.

After that I talked about how the situation and the signings ended with Jed (brother of Tobi and Manny) being signed permanently to their B team

I then proceeded to move onto the next question, What is an NFT?
I created a compilation like the first section of people talking about NFT's.
Then I grabbed some NFT stock footage off YouTube and did a voiceover talking over what an NFT is. I also added some photos in to match what I was saying. I added transitions to the photos to make it more edgy.

I also added some edgy transitions onto the overlaying images to make the documentary pop a little bit more and make it look cool. I added ones which i thought were fitting and in terms of editing this was my favourite part of the documentary


Then to round off the video I talked about the positives of Crawley's season (mainly their cup run) so I collected some footage of the games and compiled them into a little montage to finish off the video.
I also managed to find some excellent stock footage for the bits where I was talking and had the voice overs so the video wasn't just a black screen. It was very fitting stock footage as it was some shots of people playing football and stadiums as well.


Music

I wanted to do a section on music i chose in the documentary as it is a very important part of editing to me. I love just choosing certain songs for certain moments so here is a list of songs I used and why.

Underdog - Kasabian

Absolutely excellent opening song. Often associated with football and really pleasing background music. Gives a powerful vibe to the video and is often used by major companies such as Sky Sports.


Nothing - Rex Orange County

Very easy background music to use. Lofi type beat and really calming. Was used at a point in the video where there wasn't any sort of introduction or ending to anything.

Rhythm And Vibes - Tobi And Manny

Fits with who I was talking about. Song made by Tobi and Manny Brown who were recruited by Crawley as a PR Stunt so obvious choice of music

The Shade - Rex Orange County

Another lofi type beat and easy background music to use. Was used as an introduction to NFT's but has a sort of cool vibe with an underlying techno sound in there

Paddling Out - Miike Snow

A brilliant montage song and something i associate with winning. From FIFA 13 and also used by Sky Sports

Heaven Is A Place On Earth - Belinda Carlisle

I used this song as Dom Telford's chant is a parody of this song. Not my first choice but worked incredibly well

Better Days - LAKEY INSPIRED

Classic lofi hip-hop beat. Non-copyright and excellent outro/intro song for every occasion.


Feedback

What did you think of the documentary?

This is some of the feedback I received on my documentary. I agree with the second bit of feedback that is was very rushed as i was running on strict time budget. I am very happy that people enjoyed my documentary.

How can I improve?
I agree with the first statement, I would have preferred to use less stock footage however i didn't have enough time to record any more footage than I got. I wish I could have spent more time on the project but I was on limited time as I had to restart my project. I also agree with the statement that it's like 

Comments